Experience the largest crater lake in the world as well as the unique Batak culture at Lake Toba.
Visit Lake Toba, one of the deepest and largest volcanic lakes in the world, and spend 3 nights on Samosir Island. Explore traditional Batak villages and meet local people.
This tour is a proposal. We will gladly adapt it to your individual wishes and ideas. Simply contact us for this purpose.
Note: The prices indicated are starting prices. They include all stated inclusive services. Increased prices apply primarily in the high season from May-July and on Indonesian holidays like Ramadan or Idul Fitri. All prices in Euro and per person. Our terms apply.
What our guests say
- "Christine took the time to help us plan a great trip" DEENG
- "Many nice tours through villages, a jungle trek and visits to the Bataks, everything very well organised." Reiner BM
- "The organisation could not have been better" Marco S
- "The support was excellent - quick answers to all questions before the start of the trip as well as excellent support on site." Katharina H.
- "It was an unforgettable trip and simply wonderfull." Pat C
Upon arrival at Kuala Namu International Airport in Medan, you will be met by your private driver who will accompany you the entire time at Lake Toba. The drive to Lake Toba takes about 4 hours and takes you along rubber and palm oil plantations, wide plains and mountain landscapes. You can stop along the way for photo stops or food breaks. Our driver will help you communicate with the locals.
Accommodation examples: Tabo Cottages
Today you will explore Samosir Island and Lake Toba with your driver. You will drive to Ambarita, Samosir's most interesting village of the local Batak culture. From there you will continue to Simanindo, where you can see a performance of a traditional Batak dance. Afterwards, you will continue to a beautiful viewpoint from where you can look out over Samosir Island and Lake Toba.
Day at leisure. Walk around the Tuk Tuk peninsula, try the delicious fish dishes, relax by the lake or rent a scooter.
After breakfast, our driver will take you back to Medan airport. The journey takes about 4 hours.
- At least 2 people
- 3 nights
- Transport incl. private driver
- Sightseeing at Lake Toba
- Entrance fees
- Other Meals